Friday, September 20, 2019
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Ramada Hotel, Forge Gate, Telford, TF3 4NA View in Google Maps: Click here
Audience: English and mathematics subject leaders, senior leaders Course Code: n/a Cost: £170.00 (10% discount for Click4Teaching Members) Consultant(s): Kate Burton & Chris Ogden
“There is no one-size-fits all approach to curriculum design in highly-effective schools.” Ofsted, 2019
This course will help leaders consider the outcomes from Ofsted’s two-year research into the most effective education systems and academic structures, and the place of these within the new inspection framework.
Delegates will consider:
- how to remodel their English and mathematics long and medium-term planning to ensure that essential knowledge is embedded in the long-term memory
- the substance, integrity and the notion of Cultural Capital
- the ‘study, recall, recall, recall – recall’ structure to strengthen teaching to secure learning
- the use of different approaches to curriculum design categorised as:
- and skills-led
- A clear understanding of the philosophies that underpin the Ofsted EIF from September 2019
- A deep understanding of your unique school’s vision, ethos and community, and the role they play in curriculum design
(10% discount for Click4Teaching Members)
Cancelling a Booking
Please read our course booking cancellation terms & conditions before reserving your place –
Read Cancellation T&C's here
All bookings will remain chargeable until written confirmation is received of a cancellation. A charge of 35% will be incurred if a delegate place is cancelled within 5 working days of the course date.
The full course fee will be charged for any delegate/s who do not arrive for a course for which a place has been booked and has not been cancelled. The school is encouraged to send a replacement delegate.
The charge for any delegate failing to attend a subject leader update, and not cancelling their place in advance, will be £5 to cover administration and refreshment costs.
Kate Burton Mathematics Ltd. & Chris Ogden Education Ltd. reserve the right not to accept a course booking.
Please note: You should receive an automatic email confirmation for your booking request. This service operates 24/7. If you do not receive an email please check in your spam box or contact us directly via our contact page. Thank you